Search & Select are for customer searching for a Operations Manager
The Company and the situation
A European market leader within the transport industry with international opportunities is looking for a suitable candidate to lead and grow our business in Sweden. The company provides a range of services for transportation and logistics market sector. They are located in more than 15 countries across Europe with a proven capability to serve its customer to market leading standards
The Operations Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the activities incl. P&L, customer service excellence, people performance, supplier management, workshop controls, asset management as well as maximizing productivity and efficiency of all processes.
- He/she is a strong partner to support sales team for customer relationship and business development.
- Direct management of 5+ including ongoing support, training, and development.
- Maximize productivity, effectiveness, growth and profitability and support all accounts.
- Ensure compliance against all operational and maintenance policies and procedures.
- Maintain organizational focus on customer service and revenue generation.
- Manage asset downtime cost effectively.
- Evaluate asset portfolio to maximize profitable utilization through equipment availability and redeployment.
- Ensure that the company’s maintenance and repair quality standards are upheld with all exceptions found discussed with relevant workshop staff or vendors.
- Maintain adequate staffing levels by controlling holidays, workload, sickness cover and overtime.
- Drive environment, health & safety policies and procedure in compliance with the company’s requirements.
- Process all paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure all staff adheres to the company’s servicing and inspection guidelines.
- Resolve vendor issues and assist with audits.
- Negotiate final service revenue recharges with customers.
- Manage the most economical method of equipment maintenance and repair in terms of cost, age and timescales.
- Support communication efforts through quarterly reviews of management business objectives, internal meetings and team reviews.
- Margin management.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant technical/maintenance work experience, preferably management experience.
- Proven performance management expertise, a strong coach and an ability to motivate a team.
- Proven Service delivery expertise & worked with customers at a national level.
- Proven P&L management & financial acumen.
- Team player.
- Change agent.
- Strong communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- Customer focused mindset and professionalism.
- Ability to pushback and challenge the status quo.
- High level of organization, ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines.
Bachelor degree, technical certificate or similar qualification.
Good understanding of English (verbally and in writing) and one or more of the Nordic languages.
Computer literate. Especially in excel spreadsheets.
Approx. 3 days per month
In the eastern/northern part of Sjælland in Denmark or in the southern part of Sweden.